OneDrive may be one of your best choices for backing up your Blu-ray movies. This article show you the easy way to upload the movies from Blu-ray disc to OneDrive for playing on any of your devices, such as PC, Mac, Android phone and tablet, iOS devices, ect.
Tip: You can upload various video files to OneDrive, but you can only play the *.mp4, Quick Time *.mov, and Apple video files *.m4v directly from the OneDrive in common web browsers. If a video doesn’t play, the audio and video stream might be the one that OneDrive don’t supports, it will not play directly in a browser. That is to say, the movies from Blu-ray disc could be unacceptable for OneDrive.
Then how to uplaod Blu-ray movies to OneDrive?
The best choice for you is to convert the Blu-ray movies into the digital compatibel *.mp4 format, you just need a Blu-ray Ripper, enable you to bypass the copy protection and rip them to the format you want. Here Brorsoft Blu-ray Ripper is just the one you are looking for. With it you can rip any of the Blu-ray disc to any format (here we recommend mp4 format for uploading to OneDrive) as you want. The other key features show below, hope it hopeful:
– Effectively circumvents copy protections found on commercial discs so you can rip and convert all the Blu-ray discs in your collection.
– Own the ability to retain closed captions, which is particularly useful for the hearing impaired.
– Preview windows allows you to watch your video before it’s converted so you’re assured you’re getting a video file that meets your needs.
– Grabs the NVIDIA® CUDA and AMD technologies, speeding up the conversion speed and lets you convert Blu-ray movies in a flash while keeping the original high video quality.
– Able to Produce various popular digital file formats such as H.265/HEVC, AVI, MP4, WMV, FLV, MPEG, MOV, MKV, etc.
– Offer a library of conversion profiles that’s optimized for playing on a variety of hot devices including iPhone (iPhone 7/7 Plus), iPad (iPad Pro), Samsung Galaxy phones(Galaxy S7/S7 Edge and Note 7), Windows Phone, TVs(Apple TV, Sony TV), PS4/3, Xbox One S and many more.
– The converted video file produced by this Blu-ray ripper is perfectly suited to watch on specific device. The video and audio are flawless when compared to the original Blu-ray and the same content downloaded from online sites.
• Directly Copy Blu-ray/DVD without extras
Save 100% intact M2TS/VOB main movie from your Blu-ray/DVD Disc without any quality loss.
• 1:1 Full Disc Copy
Copy the entire disc in original file structure with all subtitle tracks and audio streams preserved.
– Gives you the ability to perform some basic edits to your video before you convert it. For instance, you can cut the video length to only save the necessary part, crop video to remove the black edge, add personal watermark, adjust output video effects like brightness, contrast, saturation and hue. If you need all DVD titles like trailer, behind-the-scenes, you can merge various parts into one new video.
– Allows you to adjust export settings such as video codec, bit rate, frame rate, resolution and audio codec, bit rate, sample rate, channels, etc so you get exactly what you want out of a conversion.
Steps: ripping Blu-ray for uploading to OneDrive
The trail-before-purchase version availabel for you, the watermark is the only limitation between the trial version and full version. Here in this article, Windows version screenshots were taken as example, the Mac version shares the same steps, just keep in mind you have download the right version, Windows platform .exe files cannot be installed on macOS – and vice versa.
Step 1. Load Blu-ray Movie
Launch the Best Blu-ray Ripper and click “Load file(s)” to load original Blu-ray discs.
You need a Blu-ray Disc drive (either external or internal) to read Blu-ray Disc.
Step 2 Select compatible video format
Just click on the dropdown menu of “Format”, and then choose H.264 MP4 from Common Video profile list.
If you want to keep 1080p resolution as source movie, you can choose HD Video > H.264 HD Video(*.mp4).
Tip: If the default video/parameters can’t meet your needs, just click “Settings” icon to adjust the video codec, bitrate, frame rate, audio sample rate, etc to get a decent video as you want. In principle, the larger input values, the better output quality, but the corresponding larger file size.
Step 3. Start ripping Blu-ray
When all settings are done, select the location for your movie in the Output Folder menu box, simply click the Start button to begin the conversion.
After the conversion finishes, you can click “Open” to locate the converted Blu-ray movies.
Now, you can transfer the ripped Blu-ray movies (mp4 format) to OneDrive for playing on any of your devices directly. Enjoy.
I also share some of my experiences on this page: